You never think of the intricacies of the world and the coffee industry when you have a fresh cup of the drink in your hands. The important thing is that it is in your hands and ready, is not it ?! Well, the truth is that a lot of people traveled, invested and even ventured through the story to secure their coffee. To know a little more, you are our special guest to savor a world of curiosities.
– Agricultural warehouses were invented because of the coffee beans.
– The coffee plants were the first to be grafted.
– The coffee plant was the first plant on the planet to be planted for commercial and lucrative purposes.
– In 1554 opened the first coffee house in Istanbul in Turkey.
– An average of 2000 to 2500 coffee fruits are needed in making 1 kg of roasted coffee.
– The use of coffee as a drink is more than 700 years old.
– Coffee is the most complex agricultural product on the market these days. It is more complex than wine – with more than 900 aromatic components and flavor.
– Coffee is grown in more than 50 countries.
– In addition to exporting, Brazil is the second largest consumer of coffee in the world.
The annual national consumption is 13 million bags, double the 90’s.
– Brazil is the country that produces the most varied coffee fruits in the world, which makes the nation richer in the different aromas and flavors of coffee on the planet.
– Brazil accounts for about 30% of the world coffee production.
– Only one Brazilian consumes an average of 1,200 cups of coffee a year.
– After oil, coffee is the second most important commodity for the world’s economy.